Tuesday, September 24, 2013

SESSION ONE: 23RD SEPTEMBER 2013, MONDAY

First thought that I have when I saw the module title; YAY!! Mathematics, my favourite subject. BUT!! When I saw the textbook that was given and started reading, that’s where all the problems come!! I don’t really quite understand the text and there are so many words!!

    


BUT… after the first lesson with Dr. Yeap:
ü I HAD FUN!!
ü And… MANY brain cells killed when solving the different problems.



The activity that I enjoyed most is the tangram. Though it is nerve-wracking to figure out how to place the different pieces to form a rectangle, but I felt a sense of accomplishment when my group managed to form a rectangle with all the 7 pieces.
Then we tried out using only 3 pieces to make a rectangle. Who knows that we can actually use different pieces to form rectangles of the same size??!!






*IMPORTANT POINTS THAT I HAVE LEARNT:
ü Mathematics is NEVER about memorizing. SERIOUSLY!!
ü There can never be only 1 way to solve a problem.
ü Discussing with others help us to reflect on our own methods and compare.


LOOKING FORWARD TO SOLVING MORE PROBLEMS IN CLASS TODAY~~ J



No comments:

Post a Comment